Old 01-16-2008, 04:10 AM
"Evan Goers"

Default Tremulous Package

Due to Tremulous having a slow release cycle(last release was back in 2006), a community member(and icculus.org Quake 3 developer) named TJW has released an updated build, dubbed by the community as the "TJW binary." The client binary is available at
http://trem.tjw.org/backport/. The server binary and server game.qvm(required for the server) is available at http://tjw.org/tremulous/. The updated build includes balance changes, the Quake 3 GUID(user ID), Unlagged(anti-lag), and advanced admin features. The full list is here:
http://tjw.org/tremulous/FEATURES.txt.

The patches to the source code are available at the same locations. The server build was last updated to revision 823(backported to work with old clients).

The Tremulous community would greatly benefit from this change, as most server owners have updated to at least the tjw build, and many players do not have GUIDs(and many servers require you to have one). We get many technical questions on our forum(
tremulous.net/forum/) about how to get a GUID or how to get the benefits of the tjw client, and many of our players are Ubuntu users who don't understand how to replace the included binary from the repository with the tjw build.

Thank you for reading my email. I am megatog615 on the Ubuntu forums and my Tremulous user name is }MG{Odin. I have been playing Tremulous since 2006.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Reinhard Tartler

Hi,

Evan asked on the MOTU Mailing list to apply the "TJW" patches for
tremulous. While I'm not particularily interested in looking at those
patches myself (since I don't play tremulous), I wondered if someone
from the Debian/Ubuntu Games Team was interested in looking into this.

regards,
Reinhard

--
Gruesse/greetings,