Old 11-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Sarah Hobbs

Default RFC: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Merging (Was: WANTED: Merging Recipe!)

Kjeldgaard Morten wrote:
> My question is how you found the LP bug #? I actually find the
> merging workflow extremely opaque and convoluted. And LP is still a
> mysterious maze to me. Probably the messiest webtool on the Internet.
> But the layout is pretty ;-)

This is one of the reasons why merging is one of the harder parts of
MOTU, for newbies.

> I would find it logical that all packages that needed merging had a
> (needs-merge?) bug report but it is not possible (for me at least) to
> locate any.

See merges.ubuntu.com/universe.html

Hobbsee

Old 11-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Scott Kitterman

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 21:54, Sarah Hobbs wrote:
> Kjeldgaard Morten wrote:
> > My question is how you found the LP bug #? I actually find the
> > merging workflow extremely opaque and convoluted. And LP is still a
> > mysterious maze to me. Probably the messiest webtool on the Internet.
> > But the layout is pretty ;-)
>
> This is one of the reasons why merging is one of the harder parts of
> MOTU, for newbies.
>
> > I would find it logical that all packages that needed merging had a
> > (needs-merge?) bug report but it is not possible (for me at least) to
> > locate any.
>
> See merges.ubuntu.com/universe.html

There is also http://dad.dunnewind.net/universe.php which, while unofficial,
has the advantage of having comments so people can give status of what's
going on.

Scott K

Old 11-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Todd H

Can someone get me off this mailing list, I tried to unsubscribe but that didn't seem to help.

*

Thanks.