Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 PM
"Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT)"

Default REVU: Filtering and Tags

Hey,

I've finally added support for tagging source packages on REVU. Tags
can be formed by alphanumeric characters and dashes ("-"), and both
Reviewers (ie, MOTUs) and Moderators can change the tags assigned to
source packages. Any name can be used as a tag, but the idea is that
there will be a few "official" ones used as part of the normal
workflow.

They are displayed at the bottom of the details page (just above the
subscribers list). If you are a Moderator or Reviewer you'll see an
"[edit]" link next to them, which will allow you to change them using
an inline form (Ajax powered); to enumerate several tags, separate
them with spaces or commas. Another place where you can see tags is in
the "Tags Cloud", at http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/tags. Clicking the
name of any tag will show all (new and updated) unarchived packages
which have that tag set.

Another new feature is that I've reworked a bit the logic in the index
page so that you can now use customized filters (I guess I'll add some
more useful stuff and a search form within the next weeks/months ).
Some examples:

- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/?updated=true&archived=both See all
updated (not new) packages, both unarchived and archived ones.

- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/?updated=both See both, new and updated,
packages (only unarchived).

- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/?updated=both&tag=sample Same as above
but only showing packages tagged "sample".

I guess you get the idea... There are "updated" and "archived" which
can be true/false/both, and there is "tag". As I've already said, more
options will come in the future.

-------------------------

And now, it's your turn. What are we going to use tags for? Discuss!

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.

P.S.: In case someone feels the URLs above would be nice to use in
some script, please don't! If you would like raw data for something
just ask me instead and I'll make a proper text interface available
(like I've already done for the Hall of Fame).

Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 PM
"Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT)"

Updated:

2009/2/14 Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT) <rainct@ubuntu.com>:
> I guess you get the idea... There are "updated" and "archived" which
> can be true/false/both, and there is "tag". As I've already said, more
> options will come in the future.

Now there are more options . You can, in addition to the previous
possibilities, search for names containing a certain character
sequence, packages where a certain user commented one (you can list
multiple users, and it will look for packages where ANY -and not ALL-
of them has commented) and an exclusive tag search.

Also, you can get all this without manually messing with the URL: just
click the little "Search / Filter" link at the top right of any REVU
page!

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.