-   -   Make anaconda work with the new pyparted (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/244099-make-anaconda-work-new-pyparted.html)

David Cantrell 02-11-2009 11:53 PM

Make anaconda work with the new pyparted

Make anaconda work with pyparted-2.0.0

pyparted-2.0.0 is ready for merging in to rawhide, but before that can
happen, anaconda needs some patches to account for API changes in
pyparted. There are a lot of patches here, but here's what you will
see:

* Syntax changes
* Code removal for things that have moved to pyparted

The storage code is evolving and I'd like to get the new pyparted in to
rawhide soon. In order to keep from breaking our current partitioning
code, these patches exist to help us move from the current code to the
new code. That is, they allow us to keep performing installs for the
next several weeks while the new partitioning code gets merged in.

The patches have all been tested locally by me. If you would like to
try them out, an updates.img for x86_64 can be found here:
http://dcantrel.fedorapeople.org/anaconda/new-pyparted/

Things should be pretty straightforward. Once I can merge these patches
in to anaconda, I will have to build pyparted-2.0.0 in rawhide and have
it ready for the next anaconda build (which would have to happen the same
day since tree composes would fail otherwise).

pyparted now lives here:
http://fedorahosted.org/pyparted/

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Red Hat, Inc. / Honolulu, HI

Denise Dumas 02-12-2009 01:02 PM

Make anaconda work with the new pyparted

OMG! 47 patches - you must be the record-holder ;-)
Thanks for getting this in.
Denise