Old 11-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Nicolas Valcárcel

Default RFC: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Merging (Was: WANTED: Merging Recipe!)

I've write a recipe (or kind of) some weeks ago, you can found it on my
blog [1] if you find it usefull just ping me and i'll be glad to copy
it to the wiki

[1].- http://nvalcarcel.aureal.com.pe/?p=146

--
aka nxvl
key fingerprint: E140 4CC7 5E3C B6B4 DCA7 F6FD D22E 2FB4 A9BA 6877

Old 11-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Morten Kjeldgaard

> There is also http://dad.dunnewind.net/universe.php which, while unofficial,
> has the advantage of having comments so people can give status of what's
> going on.

Which actually illustrates my point: there's dad and mom and revu and
wiki and launchpad and a number of other ad hoc services only known to
the especially initiated developers and some which duplicate functions
of others.

Even though I am not a great fan of LP, it would make sense to transfer
the task of at least some of the "ad-hoc sites" to there. For example,
when generating the list of packages that need merging, it should *in
principle* be possible to report these *automatically* as "Please-merge"
bugs in LP, so the workflow could pivot around that. That would get rid
of mom and dad for starters.

I realize that the workflow has probably evolved slowly along with the
MOTU population, but take this as a "fresh look" at the process. It
needs to be revised IMHO.

Cheers,
Morten