-   -   motu-release team needs members (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/235785-motu-release-team-needs-members.html)

Emmet Hikory 01-28-2009 10:43 AM

Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Now I completely forgot what the policy to add more members to key teams was,
> but I vaguely recall that it started with asking for applicants on this list.
> So that's what I'm doing right now.

The policy for membership in motu-release is detailed in the wiki
(1). A call for applications is indeed the first step when a team is
undersized.

1: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Teams/KeyTeamPolicy

--
Emmet HIKORY

Iulian Udrea 01-28-2009 04:01 PM

motu-release team needs members

2009/1/28 Stefan Potyra <stefan.potyra@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>

Hi,

Hello
*

Now looking that [1], I see that we've only 3 members left, so I guess

motu-release could need at least one or better yet two more members.

I would like to join the MOTU Release team, so please consider this
my application to become a MOTU Release member.

My name is Iulian Udrea and I'm seventeen year old.* I am both an Ubuntu

and a FOSS Developer.* Before I got the MOTU status I was interested in
working with the MOTU release team.* Now that I am a MOTU I would like
to give a hand and work with the MOTU Release.

In two release cycles I saw how the team really work, how they deal with

bug fixes, new upstream releases and so forth.

I read [0] and everything is understood, I have no questions about it.

Launchpad page: https://launchpad.net/people/iulian

Wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IulianUdrea

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

Thank you for your consideration.

--
Iulian Udrea
iulian@ubuntu.com

Luca Falavigna 02-04-2009 10:02 AM

motu-release team needs members

Stefan Potyra 02-04-2009 10:08 AM

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 12:02:43 Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Iulian Udrea ha scritto:
> > I would like to join the MOTU Release team, so please consider this
> > my application to become a MOTU Release member.
>
> I second Iulian's application.

I also second Iulian's application.

Cheers,
Stefan.

Scott Kitterman 02-04-2009 10:45 AM

motu-release team needs members

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:08:49 +0100 Stefan Potyra
<stefan.potyra@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Wednesday 04 February 2009 12:02:43 Luca Falavigna wrote:
>> Iulian Udrea ha scritto:
>> > I would like to join the MOTU Release team, so please consider this
>> > my application to become a MOTU Release member.
>>
>> I second Iulian's application.
>
>I also second Iulian's application.

/me three.

Scott K

Siegfried-Angel 02-04-2009 12:58 PM

motu-release team needs members

And me :).

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.

Soyer Jerome 02-04-2009 02:04 PM

motu-release team needs members

and me :-)

Build and Maintain an Ubuntu every day for French Education (http://eole.orion.education.fr/)

I'm responsible of package building, and CD/DVD building.

--
Jérôme Soyer aka saispo

first of all thanks a lot, Cesare, for your efforts within the motu-release

team!

Now looking that [1], I see that we've only 3 members left, so I guess

motu-release could need at least one or better yet two more members.

Now I completely forgot what the policy to add more members to key teams was,

but I vaguely recall that it started with asking for applicants on this list.

So that's what I'm doing right now.

If you know the impact of upgrades at late stages, don't shy away from reading

changelogs and patches, also have the ability to make unliked decisions like

rejecting freeze exceptions, then motu-release needs you. Please send in your

application as reply to this thread.

Thanks,

* * Stefan.

--