Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Stefan Potyra

Default motu-release team needs members

Hi,

thanks to Iulian, we're back at 4 members right now. Maybe someone is
still interested in becoming the 5th member, so that we'd be back at
full strength for jaunty's freeze?

Quoting myself:
> If you know the impact of upgrades at late stages, don't shy away from reading
> changelogs and patches, also have the ability to make unliked decisions like
> rejecting freeze exceptions, then motu-release needs you. Please send in your
> application as reply to this thread.

Oh, and being a MOTU is required.

Side-word: Imho we could also need bug-triagers that help with looking at
and sorting incomplete FFe requests, or to ping FFe requestors after
some time of inactivity...
Is this the right list to ask for those? (If not, please bounce to the
correct location).

Cheers,
Stefan.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Nathan Handler

Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Luca Falavigna

Old 02-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Nathan Handler

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> We scheduled a motu-release meeting on Monday 16, 19 UTC. Could you
> attend it to discuss a bit about your candidature? Thanks in advance!

I think I should be able to make that meeting.

Nathan

Old 02-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Stefan Potyra

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 04:25:45AM +0000, Nathan Handler wrote:
[..]
> Hello,
>
> I [1] would like to apply to become the 5th member of the motu-release
> team. I filed many Freeze Exception requests during the last release
> cycle, and I understand the impact upgrades can have. I also have
> devoted a lot of time to reviewing patches, merge/sync requests, and
> new packages on REVU. Several times, these reviews have ended with me
> telling the contributor that the patch/merge/sync/package is not
> appropriate for Ubuntu. As a result of this, I do not think that I
> will have any problems with rejecting freeze exceptions. I also have
> plenty of experience carefully reviewing changelog entries and
> debdiffs from the sponsoring/reviewing I have done. For these reasons,
> I feel I possess all of the qualities necessary to be a members of the
> motu-release team.

I second the application.

Cheers,
Stefan.