Old 01-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Paul van S

Default hamster-applet updated to v2.24.3

The package "hamster-applet" in universe is updated from version 2.24.1 to 2.24.3.
You can find the source at:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/hamster-applet/2.24/

Can you please update the package in the repos because I cannot compile from source, I am new to linux.
I need hamster applet because I use it for my school(15 year old student) and work (build websites).

Thanks!

Paul

Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Emilio Pozuelo Monfort

Paul van S wrote:
> The package "hamster-applet" in universe is updated from version 2.24.1 to
> 2.24.3.
> You can find the source at:
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/hamster-applet/2.24/
>
> Can you please update the package in the repos because I cannot compile from
> source, I am new to linux.

Hi Paul,

Is there any special reason you want the package to be updated, i.e. are you
suffering from any bug that is fixed in 2.24.2 or 2.24.3? Looking at the NEWS
file, 2.24.3 won't affect you if you're using Intrepid as it doesn't have Python
2.6, so only the changes from 2.24.2 may be of interest.

If there's no special reason to update the package, we won't do it. Rule #1 of
Computers (and everything else actually):

- If something is working, don't touch it.

Cheers,
Emilio