Old 01-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Marcelo Boveto Shima

Default FreeNX complete suite uploaded.

Hello!

I have been maintainining the FreeNX complete suite for at least 2 years
and now I uploaded it to revu.
New packages:
*- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=nxagent

*- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=nx-x11
*- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=nxcompext

*- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=nxcompshad
*- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=freenx-server

Updated package:
*- http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=nxcomp

An open source client is already at debian repository (qtnx, nxcl, nxproxy and nxcomp).

What is freenx?
NX is an exciting new technology for remote display. It provides near local speed application responsiveness over high latency, low bandwidth links. The core libraries for NX are provided by NoMachine under the GPL. FreeNX is a GPL implementation of the NX Server and NX Client Components.

More information at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeNX

The community is very responsive and active as you can see at the FreeNX list archive:

We maintain a ppa at https://edge.launchpad.net/~freenx-team/+archive/ppa

Related needs packaging bugs:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/183801

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/252755
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/252760

Thanks.
Shima

Old 01-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Kjeldgaard Morten

On 24/01/2009, at 05.44, Marcelo Boveto Shima wrote:

> I have been maintainining the FreeNX complete suite for at least 2
> years
> and now I uploaded it to revu.

I've reviewed this package when it was uploaded under the name "nx"
and before it was split.

In the comments, I asked you to clarify what version of nx it is
you've uploaded. It was not at all clear to me, since the source tree
contains lots of material with reference to Nomachines.

Those comments are no longer accessable because the original package
has been archived. Since you are now advertising your re-packaging on
the mailing list, you might as well explain it here.

In the interest of making a clear distinction -- if there is one --
may I suggest that you name the packages "freenx-*" instead of "nx-*"?

Thank you,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard <mok0@ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu MOTU Developer

Old 01-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Marcelo Boveto Shima

I have been maintainining the FreeNX complete suite for at least 2 years

and now I uploaded it to revu.

I've reviewed this package when it was uploaded under the name "nx" and before it was split.

Yes.
*

In the comments, I asked you to clarify what version of nx it is you've uploaded. It was not at all clear to me, since the source tree contains lots of material with reference to Nomachines.

I'm uploading the core components that are open source under gpl license.
You can see the at http://www.nomachine.com/sources.php
*

Those comments are no longer accessable because the original package has been archived. Since you are now advertising your re-packaging on the mailing list, you might as well explain it here.

Actually you can still see them at http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=nx.
*1 - libxcompext has been uploaded
*2 - Moved debian/changelog to debian/changelog.old and created a new one, but there are some packages from medibuntu or other

***** that keeps the original changelog. Forgot to add comments about the patches on the changelog.
*3 - Clarified the descriptions. Tell me if is enough
*4 - Clarified a bit, but only freenx developers will execute nxagent. It needs to be synchronized with nxproxy to be useful.

*5 - watch file added.
*

In the interest of making a clear distinction -- if there is one -- may I suggest that you name the packages "freenx-*" instead of "nx-*"?

freenx-* are the components from the FreeNX server and nx-* are the core components.
*

Thank you,

Morten

--