Old 12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Nicolas Valcarcel

Default Failing to unpatch

I working (or trying to) on Bug #178046 [1] and i have some doubts. Talking on #ubuntu-motu they have make me notice that the possible cause of the error is that some of the files is changing on build time and i need to backup it, but the facts are:
- That patch modifies 181 files
- The patch has 1.9 Mb
- The patch is 60154 lines long

That makes it a very hard work to find out what file is the problematic one, so i think the best to do here is to split the patch on smaller ones and then find which of them fails the thing is, can i split those files using filterdiff or i must use another dpatch method to do it the correct way. I have tried with filterdiff but something doesn't work fine but i don't know it was my error or it isn't the way to do it.

1. https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dillo/+bug/178046
--
aka nxvl
Peruvian LoCo Team

Old 12-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Cesare Tirabassi

On Wednesday 26 December 2007 22:53:51 Nicolas Valcarcel wrote:

> I working (or trying to) on Bug #178046 [1] and i have some doubts. Talking
> on #ubuntu-motu they have make me notice that the possible cause of the
> error is that some of the files is changing on build time and i need to
> backup it, but the facts are: - That patch modifies 181 files
> - The patch has 1.9 Mb
> - The patch is 60154 lines long
>
> That makes it a very hard work to find out what file is the problematic
> one, so i think the best to do here is to split the patch on smaller ones
> and then find which of them fails the thing is, can i split those files
> using filterdiff or i must use another dpatch method to do it the correct
> way. I have tried with filterdiff but something doesn't work fine but i
> don't know it was my error or it isn't the way to do it.
>
> 1. https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dillo/+bug/178046

You can find which files/hunks fail by simply running "dpatch
deapply-all --verbose" after the first build.

Cesare