Old 01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
"Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT)"

Default Passing the "REVU Coordinator" title on...

Hello fellow MOTUs!

As you may know, I currently am the REVU Coordinator [0], title which
I took at the start of the Intrepid cycle because there hadn't been an
active Coordinator for several months. However, personal reasons (like
exams, other projects having more priority...) have impeded me lately
to dedicate as much time as I'd like to REVU, and because of this I've
decided that it's time to pass the title on to someone who'll make a
better use of it. This doesn't mean that I'll stop working on REVU;
I'll continue reviewing packages, hacking on it and helping with admin
tasks when necessary, like I've been doing since I've joined the REVU
team nearly a year ago, but I don't want to block other people with
more enthusiasm to be creative improving REVU's workflow.

I have spoken with Nathan Handler [1] about this and he is willing to
take the position (quoting him, «I should be able to devote a fair
amount of time to it. And I would be honored to serve as REVU
Coordinator»).

Of course, if someone else would like to apply for the role, he may do
so now (and then we'll do a voting to choose between the candidates,
or whatever the election procedure is right now). If nobody else steps
up (and nobody has anything against this) then I'd like to transfer
the role to him.

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Leaders
[1] https://launchpad.net/~nhandler

Cheers,