Old 01-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Kjeldgaard Morten

Default All hands on deck! It's REVU day!

Hi MOTUs,

We are already well into REVU day, and we have > 100 entries sitting
in the queue waiting for a review. You may not think that reviewing is
the most sexy MOTU task, but as long as we refer newcomers to REVU, we
owe it to the community to review uploads. Each upload deserves at
least one review. If it after that gets stuck in "needs-work" status,
so be it. Perhaps someone else will come along later and care for it.

But, in fact many of the packages have gone through several rounds of
reviewing and can soon be finalized, and their uploaders are anxiously
waiting.

There are many exciting software packages to look at, and many that
would be a big plus for Ubuntu users. So come along on #ubuntu-motu,
get a friendly chat and brush up on your rusty reviewing skills.

Cheers,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard <mok0@ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu MOTU Developer

Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Kjeldgaard Morten

Hi MOTUs,

It's Friday, Jan 23, 2009 and it's REVU day!

We need all MOTUs on deck! A similar plea was sent out last week, but
to not much avail. We really need MOTUs to go and make at least one
review. This week we have ~128 packages waiting for review. That's an
increase of > 15% in a week! The REVU regulars can't keep up with
that growth.

As I wrote last week, each upload deserves at least _one_ review. If

Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:28:18 +0100 Kjeldgaard Morten <mok@bioxray.au.dk>
wrote:
>Hi MOTUs,
>
>It's Friday, Jan 23, 2009 and it's REVU day!
>
>We need all MOTUs on deck! A similar plea was sent out last week, but
>to not much avail. We really need MOTUs to go and make at least one
>review. This week we have ~128 packages waiting for review. That's an
>increase of > 15% in a week! The REVU regulars can't keep up with
>that growth.

Additionally, we're less than a month from feature freeze, so it's not a
lot of time to go through multiple review cycles.

Scott K