Old 12-24-2007, 04:03 PM
"Leonel Nunez"

Default Fwd: impending libclamav library transition

> To get started on this I've uploaded the updated package (provided to me
> by
> the Debian Maintainer) as a fake sync so we won't have to wait on Debian
> NEW
> to get started on this transition in Ubuntu. We will need to go through
> the
> same build/test process being done in Debian.
>
> I'm planning on looking at the klamav package shortly. I believe the
> package
> list that needs review/rebuilding is:
>
> python-clamav
> php5-clamavlib
> klamav
> havp
> gurlchecker
> dansguardian
> claws-mail-clamav
> clamcour
> avscan
>
> Replies to ubuntu-motu please.
>
> Scott K

Rebuilded python-clamav in hardy
just edited debian/control and added to Depends libclamav3
package rebuilds installs and works fine

Now Is it correct to edit debian/control and add that dependency ??

If so to send the diff

Leonel

Old 12-24-2007, 04:42 PM
"Leonel Nunez"

>> To get started on this I've uploaded the updated package (provided to me
>> by
>> the Debian Maintainer) as a fake sync so we won't have to wait on Debian
>> NEW
>> to get started on this transition in Ubuntu. We will need to go through
>> the
>> same build/test process being done in Debian.
>>
>> I'm planning on looking at the klamav package shortly. I believe the
>> package
>> list that needs review/rebuilding is:
>>
>> python-clamav
>> php5-clamavlib
>> klamav
>> havp
>> gurlchecker
>> dansguardian
>> claws-mail-clamav
>> clamcour
>> avscan
>>
>> Replies to ubuntu-motu please.
>>
>> Scott K
>>

> Rebuilded python-clamav in hardy
> just edited debian/control and added to Depends libclamav3
> package rebuilds installs and works fine
>
> Now Is it correct to edit debian/control and add that dependency ??
>

> If so to send the diff
>
> Leonel

After looking at :
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-clamav/+bug/178373

I've only rebuilded the package python-clamav and all worked fine ..

Leonel

Old 12-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:03:43 -0700 (MST) "Leonel Nunez"
<leonel@enelserver.com> wrote:
>> To get started on this I've uploaded the updated package (provided to me
>> by
>> the Debian Maintainer) as a fake sync so we won't have to wait on Debian
>> NEW
>> to get started on this transition in Ubuntu. We will need to go through
>> the
>> same build/test process being done in Debian.
>>
>> I'm planning on looking at the klamav package shortly. I believe the
>> package
>> list that needs review/rebuilding is:
>>
>> python-clamav
>> php5-clamavlib
>> klamav
>> havp
>> gurlchecker
>> dansguardian
>> claws-mail-clamav
>> clamcour
>> avscan
>>
>> Replies to ubuntu-motu please.
>>
>> Scott K
>>

>Rebuilded python-clamav in hardy
>just edited debian/control and added to Depends libclamav3
>package rebuilds installs and works fine
>
>Now Is it correct to edit debian/control and add that dependency ??
>

>If so to send the diff

The libclamav dependency should be picked up by shlibs depends. It should
just need a build1 debian changelog entry. See some of the other ones I've
already done.

Scott K

Old 12-24-2007, 08:40 PM
"Leonel Nunez"

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:03:43 -0700 (MST) "Leonel Nunez"
> <leonel@enelserver.com> wrote:
>>> To get started on this I've uploaded the updated package (provided to
>>> me
>>> by
>>> the Debian Maintainer) as a fake sync so we won't have to wait on
>>> Debian
>>> NEW
>>> to get started on this transition in Ubuntu. We will need to go
>>> through
>>> the
>>> same build/test process being done in Debian.
>>>
>>> I'm planning on looking at the klamav package shortly. I believe the
>>> package
>>> list that needs review/rebuilding is:
>>>
>>> python-clamav
>>> php5-clamavlib
>>> klamav
>>> havp
>>> gurlchecker
>>> dansguardian
>>> claws-mail-clamav
>>> clamcour
>>> avscan
>>>
>>> Replies to ubuntu-motu please.
>>>
>>> Scott K
>>>

>>Rebuilded python-clamav in hardy
>>just edited debian/control and added to Depends libclamav3
>>package rebuilds installs and works fine
>>
>>Now Is it correct to edit debian/control and add that dependency ??
>>

>>If so to send the diff
>>
> The libclamav dependency should be picked up by shlibs depends. It should
> just need a build1 debian changelog entry. See some of the other ones
> I've
> already done.
>
> Scott K

Just adding the build1 ? Didn't knew that
I'll redo de diff ..

Leonel

Old 12-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Scott Kitterman

The packages have all been rebuilt and uploaded. Thanks to all those who
helped.

Scott K