Old 12-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Christian Jaeger

Default Question about maintenance of the gambc package

Hello

The maintainer of the gambc package in Ubuntu is listed as this mailing
list address.

Is the gambc package in Ubuntu taken from Debian or has it been worked
upon by Ubuntu developers?

We're currently discussing packaging of Gambit-C with the various
package maintainers; do you want to take part in this discussion or are
you happy if we just discuss with Kurt B. Kaiser, the Debian packager?

Christian.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Daniel T Chen

On 12/12/2008 10:53 AM, Christian Jaeger wrote:
> Is the gambc package in Ubuntu taken from Debian or has it been worked
> upon by Ubuntu developers?

$ rmadison gambc
gambc | 4.0~b20-1ubuntu1 | gutsy/universe | source, amd64, i386,
powerpc
gambc | 4.0~b20-1ubuntu1 | hardy/universe | source, amd64, i386
gambc | 4.2.8-1 | intrepid/universe | source, amd64, i386
gambc | 4.2.8-1 | jaunty/universe | source, amd64, i386

So, the (supported Ubuntu) versions modified by Ubuntu are gutsy's and
hardy's. Intrepid's (and jaunty's) is a direct sync, unmodified, from
Debian.

> We're currently discussing packaging of Gambit-C with the various
> package maintainers; do you want to take part in this discussion or are
> you happy if we just discuss with Kurt B. Kaiser, the Debian packager?

The primary focus should be the Debian maintainer(s), but feel free to
CC ubuntu-motu.