Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Alexander Hug

Default ImageJ in multiverse rep

I am using Kubuntu 8.10 on an x86_64 system and I installed "ImageJ"
from the repository. Starting the program from command line brings up
the following error:
"Running a 64-bit JVM is not supported on this platform."

Taking a look to /usr/bin/imagej at line 29:

JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/sbin/update-java-alternatives -l | head -1 | cut -d' '
-f 3)

For me the wrong JVM (just the first one) is selected:
$ /usr/sbin/update-java-alternatives -l
ia32-java-6-sun 63 /usr/lib/jvm/ia32-java-6-sun
java-6-sun 63 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

Changing line 29 to:

JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/sbin/update-java-alternatives -l | tail -1 | cut -d' '
-f 3)

( head -> tail) works for me, but maybe it not the best solution.

Maybe this hint will help you
Regards
Alexander Hug

--
Dipl.-Phys. Alexander Hug
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH

Phone +49-6159-71-2292/2866
Fax +49-6159-71-2992
Mail a.hug@gsi.de
http://www.gsi.de

Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Darmstadt
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528

Geschäftsführer: Professor Dr. Horst Stöcker

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph,
Stellvertreter: Ministerialdirigent Dr. Rolf Bernhardt

Hi! I am a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 PM
"Onkar Shinde"

I guess you are talking about this bug -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/imagej/+bug/294753

Since the package is not modified in Ubuntu, I have forwarded the bug
to Debian. If Debian package maintainers agree on the suggestion
provided in the bug then it will be fixed there and also in next
version of Ubuntu.

Onkar