Old 11-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Mats Erik Andersson

Default Incorrect Schema-definition in Openbox

Dear maintainer of openbox-3.4.6.1_0ubuntu2,

I hereby would like to submit a patch to correct
the version of the XML-Schema file

/usr/share/doc/openbox/rc.xsd

that comes bundled in

openbox_3.4.6.1_0ubuntu2-i386.deb.

The original file (identical to the upstream file)
is not even close to validate against the DTD of W3.org,
but this is remedied with my patch.

The new schema file is able to validate

/etc/xdg/openbox/rc.xml

except for one instance where the original developers
have incorrectly used a value "yes" (i.e. "ob:bool")
where the schema definition demands "xsd:integer", as follows:

246 <keybind key="C-A-Tab">
247 <action name="NextWindow">
249 </action>
250 </keybind>

I contructed a clause for the new element "startupnotify"
based on the example presented on the changelog site of Openbox.
This covers also the text in the Ubuntu package.

Best regards,

Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se>