Old 11-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Peter Allan

Default noip2 new version

My Ubuntu 8.04 shows the latest noip2 package as 2.1.7, but noip.com is
saying that it has a security vulnerability and needs to be 2.1.9.

Thanks for your hard work.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Scott Ritchie

Peter Allan wrote:
> My Ubuntu 8.04 shows the latest noip2 package as 2.1.7, but noip.com is
> saying that it has a security vulnerability and needs to be 2.1.9.
>
> Thanks for your hard work.

Looks like a security problem in Debian as well:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/noip2

Best way is to probably upload the new version to Debian, sync it to
Jaunty, then SRU it to Hardy/Intrepid.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie