Old 12-09-2007, 10:38 PM
"Matthew Craig"

Default Qdvdauthor Package - New Dependency Needed?

From: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dvdauthor/+question/19690

I installed Qdvdauthor to create DVDs. When the application attempted
to convert the video files to MPEG format, there were errors saying
"mplayer" was not found. I tried a couple files and saw the same
error. I returned to Synaptic, installed "mplayer", and the error
stopped and the Qdvdauthor worked. From this experience, I feel
"mplayer" should be a dependency of the Qdvdauthor package.

My first email to this list, so let me know if I can create better
requests in the future. Thank you for your hard work.

Matthew Craig

Old 12-10-2007, 06:38 AM
"Matthew Craig"

Mario, I did not realize "mplayer" is only required for converting
video formats. Well, I am embarrassed! And, I ended up using ffmpeg
to convert formats by the time I finished with DVD-author project,
anyway.

Just to double-check your statement, I tried removing the "mplayer"
package and created a new DVD-video archive, in DVD-author, with an
existing, converted MPEG file. It surely worked, just as you said it
would.

Sorry to trouble the mailing list with this concern. Happy holiday, all.

~mc