FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Charlie Kravetz
 
Default Problems

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:09:13 -0800 (PST)
Jan Mosterd <jmosterd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have 2 questions/problems:*
> 1. The Citicards website does not work anymore with Ubuntu 8.04, the
> login portion disappeared after the updates....* I have another
> computer with Ubunto 7.10 and that works fine. 2. I orderd 2 cd's
> (one month ago): ** Xubuntu 7.10 CD Item Number: 362{4}81{1}78
> (Gutsy Gibbon) Quantity: 1 Total: $3.99 USD Item Name: Ubuntu 8.10
> Intrepid & all variations Item Number: 589{4}81{24}178 () Quantity: 1
> Total: $3.99 USD Cart Subtotal: $7.98 USD Shipping ... However I
> received only Xubuntu but never received the Ubuntu 8.10. I emailed
> you 3 weeks ago about this problems but no reply.
>
> Please look in these problems,
> Thanks you,
> Jan Mosterd
>

I think there is an update to firefox that fixes that website problem.
I can not reproduce it from here in 8.04.1.

The mailing list does not sell cds. You should check with where ever
you ordered from.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914 [http://counter.li.org/]
Never let anyone steal your DREAM. [http://keepingdreams.com]

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Don Jungk
 
Default Problems

On Sunday December 14 2008 12:09 pm, Jan Mosterd wrote:
> Hi, I have 2 questions/problems:*
> 1. The Citicards website does not work anymore with Ubuntu 8.04, the login
> portion disappeared after the updates....* I have another computer with
> Ubunto 7.10 and that works fine. 2. I orderd 2 cd's (one month ago): **
> Xubuntu 7.10 CD Item Number: 362{4}81{1}78 (Gutsy Gibbon) Quantity: 1
> Total: $3.99 USD Item Name: Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid & all variations Item
> Number: 589{4}81{24}178 ()
> Quantity: 1 Total: $3.99 USD Cart Subtotal: $7.98 USD Shipping ...
> However I received only Xubuntu but never received the Ubuntu 8.10.
> I emailed you 3 weeks ago about this problems but no reply.
>
> Please look in these problems,
> Thanks you,
> Jan Mosterd

Hi Jan,
I also have a problem with the Citicard site. The login appears, and then some
advertising crap blots it all out making it impossible to log in. When I
contacted them, they said I should look for an "popup blocker or something".

What does solve the problem is:
Immediately after the login appears, hit the Esc key to stop further loading
of the page. Then login and hit return.

I have this problem with FireFox and Mepis, which is built on Ubuntu 6.x

Don

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
NoOp
 
Default Problems

On 12/14/2008 12:08 PM, Don Jungk wrote:
> On Sunday December 14 2008 12:09 pm, Jan Mosterd wrote:
>> Hi, I have 2 questions/problems:
>> 1. The Citicards website does not work anymore with Ubuntu 8.04, the login
>> portion disappeared after the updates.... I have another computer with
>> Ubunto 7.10 and that works fine. 2. I orderd 2 cd's (one month ago):
[snip]
>
> Hi Jan,
> I also have a problem with the Citicard site. The login appears, and then some
> advertising crap blots it all out making it impossible to log in. When I
> contacted them, they said I should look for an "popup blocker or something".
>
> What does solve the problem is:
> Immediately after the login appears, hit the Esc key to stop further loading
> of the page. Then login and hit return.
>
> I have this problem with FireFox and Mepis, which is built on Ubuntu 6.x
>
> Don
>

They should used some of their "Bail Out" money to build a decent
website. Turn off flash when you absolutely need to visit their site.

For Firefox, install the Mozilla Prefbar:

http://prefbar.mozdev.org/
http://prefbar.mozdev.org/help/
http://prefbar.mozdev.org/help/buttons.html

Add the Flash and Kill Flash buttons so that you can turn flash on and
off depending on which sites you visit.



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Sundar Nagarajan
 
Default Problems

Jan Mosterd wrote:
> 1. The Citicards website does not work anymore with Ubuntu 8.04, the
> login portion disappeared after the updates.... I have another computer
> with Ubunto 7.10 and that works fine.

As far as I could tell, the Citicards web site is poorly coded, and they
have a useless Flash animation that covers the entire screen - that is
why the login screen briefly appears and then disappears once flash is
activated. That, and / or they have used some IE-specific HTML construct
to specify location / size of the Flash animation.

Anyway, what I did was to block the following flash URL in Ad-block Plus:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/swf/savecards.swf

Ad-block Plus is a Firefox extension - you will need to install the
extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865) and
restart firefox.

Once you have Adblock Plus installed, click on the little drop-down
arrow to the right of the Adblock Plus (ABP) icon at the right of the
Google search bar and choose 'Preferences'. In the dialog that comes up,
choose 'Add filter' and enter the flash URL above. Close the dialog and
try navigating to the site again.

Alternatively, you could try navigating to the Citicards site with
Konqueror - it usually worked for me.

Sundar.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-20-2008, 01:42 AM
"Richard Mancusi"
 
Default Problems

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 19:05, Sundar Nagarajan
<sundar.personal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jan Mosterd wrote:
>> 1. The Citicards website does not work anymore with Ubuntu 8.04, the
>> login portion disappeared after the updates.... I have another computer
>> with Ubunto 7.10 and that works fine.
>
> As far as I could tell, the Citicards web site is poorly coded, and they
> have a useless Flash animation that covers the entire screen - that is
> why the login screen briefly appears and then disappears once flash is
> activated. That, and / or they have used some IE-specific HTML construct
> to specify location / size of the Flash animation.
>
> Anyway, what I did was to block the following flash URL in Ad-block Plus:
>
> https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/swf/savecards.swf
>
> Ad-block Plus is a Firefox extension - you will need to install the
> extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865) and
> restart firefox.
>
> Once you have Adblock Plus installed, click on the little drop-down
> arrow to the right of the Adblock Plus (ABP) icon at the right of the
> Google search bar and choose 'Preferences'. In the dialog that comes up,
> choose 'Add filter' and enter the flash URL above. Close the dialog and
> try navigating to the site again.
>
> Alternatively, you could try navigating to the Citicards site with
> Konqueror - it usually worked for me.
>
> Sundar.
>

Seems like too much work - try this:

https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/OutsideRedirect.do?cxk=0xq9_1etn9eQodn_43sq5Q5SzTy pmLFtOcEWSG02YUCMtQuddAYqQ84zNX7ZfZwJ

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-28-2009, 06:33 AM
eagleslax2007
 
Default problems

Package: installation-reports

Boot method: <How did you boot the installer? CD? floppy? network?> CD
Image version: <Full URL to image you downloaded is best> http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Date: <Date and time of the install> 23:00 11/27/2009

Machine: <Description of machine (eg, IBM Thinkpad R32)> ASUS motherboard custom internal set-up
Processor:AMD Athalon x2 64-bit 3.0Ghz
Memory:4GB G-skill

Partitions: <df -Tl will do; the raw partition table is preferred> 30.2gb ubuntu 209.8gb windows vista

Output of lspci -knn (or lspci -nn):

Base System Installation Checklist:
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it


Initial boot: [E]
Detect network card: [ ]
Configure network: [ ]
Detect CD: [0]
Load installer modules: [ ]
Detect hard drives: [0]
Partition hard drives: [0]

Install base system: [ ]
Clock/timezone setup: [0]
User/password setup: [0]
Install tasks: [ ]
Install boot loader: [ ]
Overall install: [ ]

Comments/Problems: i installed the Operating System after browsing around with the CD-bootable version of Ubuntu 9.10. after the install i restarted

the computer like it asked and used the GRUB multi-partition set-up to try and use ubuntu but now it keeps asking for my "login" and "password" that i
created in the install, that worked out fine, but now i cannot get any farther to starting up the operating system to the regular desktop like in the cd

-bootable preview.

<Description of the install, in prose, and any thoughts, comments
and ideas you had during the initial install.>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-11-2011, 07:47 PM
"HEDDY, WILLIAM"
 
Default problems

To whom it may concern,


I downloaded and installed Debian on my computer last night and*I rebooted the computer and now all that comes up is a white cursor on a black screen.* Did I just completely kill my Windows 7 operating system?*



Thanks for any help


Brandon Heddy
 
Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Kent West
 
Default problems

On 11/11/2011 02:47 PM, HEDDY, WILLIAM wrote:






To whom it may concern,


I downloaded and installed Debian on my computer last night and*I
rebooted the computer and now all that comes up is a white cursor on a
black screen.* Did I just completely kill my Windows 7 operating
system?*



Thanks for any help


Brandon Heddy





Possibly; depends on if you had separate partitions prior to the
install, or non-destructively created new ones during the install,
preserving your Windows 7 setup.



If the Windows 7 partition is still intact, it may just be a simplish
matter of repairing the boot process. I've never quite understood all
the ins-and-outs of grub (the GRand Unified Boot Loader), but you can
probably fix that and get things working. However, since I don't
understand all that, I'd boot from the Windows 7 installation CD, and
use it's Repair option to fix the boot process; then I'd retry the
Debian installation.



(CC:ing you just in case you're not on the list)



--
Kent West <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com
Praise Yah! o/
 
Old 11-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Walter Hurry
 
Default problems

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 20:47:07 +0000, HEDDY, WILLIAM wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I downloaded and installed Debian on my computer last night and I
> rebooted the computer and now all that comes up is a white cursor on a
> black screen. Did I just completely kill my Windows 7 operating system?

One certainly hopes so.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: j9k8tb$kdv$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/j9k8tb$kdv$1@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 11-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Brian
 
Default problems

On Fri 11 Nov 2011 at 20:47:07 +0000, HEDDY, WILLIAM wrote:

> I downloaded and installed Debian on my computer last night and I rebooted
> the computer and now all that comes up is a white cursor on a black screen.
> Did I just completely kill my Windows 7 operating system?

Probably not, unless you installed Debian to the partition it is on. It
would help to know what you did the install from. CD? USB? And which
image you used.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20111111225408.GG2852@desktop">http://lists.debian.org/20111111225408.GG2852@desktop
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org