Old 12-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Mario Limonciello

Default Blanket UVFe request for Hardy

Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a pre-emptive blanket UVFe request, so I figured it'd be better
to present to the motu-uvf team via mailing list.

So there was an announcement on the mythtv-development mailing list that the
next version will be targeted to be released around March 2008. As long as we
receive confirmation from the other mythtv developers that this date is set in
stone as a "final" date, we wanted to get things rolling to be ready to switch
over to this.

Around late January or early February would be the plan for switching over to
"trunk" builds with regular checkouts from then until March's release. The idea
would be to follow the similar development that happens with things like Gnome
where they are using SVN builds until the timed release that comes just at or
before the Ubuntu release.

BetaFreeze is in the middle of March, so if we are to do this, a UVFe will be
necessary. Rather than filing regular UVFe requests from Jan/Feb until March,
it seems better to just ask if we can do the regular updates during Hardy
development this way.

Is this alright with members of motu-uvf?

Thanks,
--
Mario Limonciello
superm1@ubuntu.com