FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Masters Of The Universe

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Gonz Hauser
 
Default flashplugin-nonfree patch

Hi!

I attached a patch to let the user install flash even if md5sums do not
match. This was the case when Adobe released their new version a few
days ago.


Gonz

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 12-07-2007, 04:50 PM
John Dong
 
Default flashplugin-nonfree patch

I disagree with patches of this nature. We should not be implying a security
checksum is something to feel good about when it passes and ignore when it
doesn't.

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:33:57AM +0100, Gonz Hauser wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I attached a patch to let the user install flash even if md5sums do not
> match. This was the case when Adobe released their new version a few days
> ago.
>
> Gonz

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 12-07-2007, 08:17 PM
"Justin Dugger"
 
Default flashplugin-nonfree patch

Perhaps simply having a list of acceptable hashes would be okay?

Justin Dugger

On Dec 7, 2007 11:50 AM, John Dong <jdong@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I disagree with patches of this nature. We should not be implying a security
> checksum is something to feel good about when it passes and ignore when it
> doesn't.
>
>
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:33:57AM +0100, Gonz Hauser wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I attached a patch to let the user install flash even if md5sums do not
> > match. This was the case when Adobe released their new version a few days
> > ago.
> >
> > Gonz
>
> --
> Ubuntu-motu mailing list
> Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
>

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Scott Kitterman
 
Default flashplugin-nonfree patch

On Friday 07 December 2007 16:17, Justin Dugger wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2007 11:50 AM, John Dong <jdong@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> > On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:33:57AM +0100, Gonz Hauser wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I attached a patch to let the user install flash even if md5sums do not
> > > match. This was the case when Adobe released their new version a few
> > > days ago.
> > >
> > > Gonz

> > I disagree with patches of this nature. We should not be implying a
> > security checksum is something to feel good about when it passes and
> > ignore when it doesn't.
> >

> Perhaps simply having a list of acceptable hashes would be okay?
>
> Justin Dugger
>
How would you know in advance what the md5sum was going to be?

Scott K

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 
Old 12-08-2007, 03:48 AM
"Justin Dugger"
 
Default flashplugin-nonfree patch

On Dec 7, 2007 3:30 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007 16:17, Justin Dugger wrote:
>
> > On Dec 7, 2007 11:50 AM, John Dong <jdong@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:33:57AM +0100, Gonz Hauser wrote:
> > > > Hi!
> > > >
> > > > I attached a patch to let the user install flash even if md5sums do not
> > > > match. This was the case when Adobe released their new version a few
> > > > days ago.
> > > >
> > > > Gonz
>
> > > I disagree with patches of this nature. We should not be implying a
> > > security checksum is something to feel good about when it passes and
> > > ignore when it doesn't.
> > >
>
> > Perhaps simply having a list of acceptable hashes would be okay?
> >
> > Justin Dugger
> >
> How would you know in advance what the md5sum was going to be?
>
> Scott K

You wouldn't. I was thinking this would make it easier to handle
multiple versions of the flash-player, but
I guess a smarter way would be to find a way to grab a specific
version and just update the link / md5
via -updates or -backports.

Justin D

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org