Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Sarah Hobbs

Default Stepping down from MOTU & MOTU Release Team

Hey there,

Due to a number of factors, I've decided to step away from the MOTU team
in general, and the MOTU Release Team.

I have been looking to cut down my Ubuntu activities for a few months
now, and this is one of the areas that I feel needs the greatest time
commitment to do properly. It also requires extensive use of launchpad,
with the constant UI changes, often making things take much longer to
get done than they should.

I wish you all good luck in the Intrepid Ibex release, and subsequent
releases.

Hobbsee

Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Thursday 24 July 2008 10:53, Sarah Hobbs wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Due to a number of factors, I've decided to step away from the MOTU team
> in general, and the MOTU Release Team.

I'm sorry to hear this. Your past contributions have been greatly
appreciated.

> I have been looking to cut down my Ubuntu activities for a few months
> now, and this is one of the areas that I feel needs the greatest time
> commitment to do properly. It also requires extensive use of launchpad,
> with the constant UI changes, often making things take much longer to
> get done than they should.

Agreed. I find this new U/I very difficult and demotivating. Given that it's
apparently Launchpad policy not to care about affecting existing users[1], I
am also really down about this.

> I wish you all good luck in the Intrepid Ibex release, and subsequent
> releases.
>
> Hobbsee

Thanks,

Scott K