Old 07-21-2008, 11:51 PM
"Tony Arcieri"

Default Looking for maintainer of ruby1.9 / rubygems1.9 packages

Hello, I'm trying to track down the person maintains the ruby1.9 packages.*

I noticed in intrepid there was an attempt to split ruby1.9 and rubygems1.9 into separate packages.* At present the rubygems1.9 package appears to be completely broken (due to problems with the compiled-in gem_prelude.rb in the Ruby interpreter).

Can anyone point me towards who I should be talking to about this package?

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com

Old 07-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Lucas Nussbaum

On 21/07/08 at 17:51 -0600, Tony Arcieri wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to track down the person maintains the ruby1.9 packages.
>
> I noticed in intrepid there was an attempt to split ruby1.9 and rubygems1.9
> into separate packages. At present the rubygems1.9 package appears to be
> completely broken (due to problems with the compiled-in gem_prelude.rb in
> the Ruby interpreter).
>
> Can anyone point me towards who I should be talking to about this package?

You can try to talk to me, if you are not going to try to convince me
that rubygems will solve all my problems

I co-maintain the ruby1.9 and rubygems packages in Debian, which are
imported automatically into Ubuntu.

Have you filed a bug about the problem you describe ? I can't find
anything about that in Debian nor Ubuntu.
--
| lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas@nussbaum.fr GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |

Old 07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
David Portwood

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgems-ruby/+bug/145267
Is the main issue with gems, I see you've been very active with that
discussion so not going to mention that again.

It seems you are aware of the problems with gems+ruby in debian and
downstream syncs. The reason we're pushing for this isnt to be abrasive
towrads how its pakcaged now, we're really trying to get this rails app
stack in the next ubuntu release, and the main hurdle for this is how
debian handles system installed gems, packages, v. someone installing
gems via gems.
Thanks for dropping us a line!