Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Rich Pixley

Default monotone doesn't work

Using ubuntu-8.04 and the stock monotone, (0.37), conflicting merges
result in:

rich@duck.palm1.palmone.com> mtn merge
mtn: 2 heads on branch 'org.openembedded.dev'
mtn: [left] 20d2ef797fd8a37c8d26c6ab510b5a2ee91de387
mtn: [right] 82cafde8c166f8e8f1562f864effd2014be82f96
mtn: help required for 3-way merge
mtn: [ancestor] classes/image.bbclass
mtn: [ left] classes/image.bbclass
mtn: [ right] classes/image.bbclass
mtn: [ merged] classes/image.bbclass
mtn: warning: [string "<std hooks>"]:796: bad argument #2 to 'format'
(string expected, got nil)
mtn: error: merge failed due to unresolved conflicts

This isn't useful and is particularly difficult for a new monotone user
to cope with.

--rich

Old 07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
"Onkar Shinde"

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Rich Pixley <rich.pixley@palm.com> wrote:
> No, I mean that the monotone package distributed with ubuntu is broken. And
> the maintainers' address as listed in that package was this mailing list.
>
> Monotone as distributed by the monotone folks works, as far as I know.

In that case please file a bug on at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/monotone

And next time you reply to a mail on list, please make sure the list
address is in To or CC. :-)

Onkar