-   -   Web-of-Trust of ubuntu-dev gpg keys (was: Motu application for Emanuele Gentili (emgent)) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/121696-web-trust-ubuntu-dev-gpg-keys-motu-application-emanuele-gentili-emgent.html)

Scott Kitterman 07-09-2008 01:05 PM

Web-of-Trust of ubuntu-dev gpg keys (was: Motu application for Emanuele Gentili (emgent))

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:54:45 +0200 Michael Bienia <michael@vorlon.ping.de>
wrote:
>[ moving that part of the discussion to ubuntu-motu ]
>
>On 2008-07-09 14:16:33 +0200, Stephan Hermann wrote:
>> And with the Ubuntu Environment in general, giving out upload rights to
>> known contributors, we are showing to us and them that we trust those
>> people. I wonder if we still have this "you need at least one ubuntu
>> maintainer, debian maintainer who signed your gpg key" rule.
>
>Was there ever such a rule?

Copying my response on the MC list here ...

No. No such rule is operative. We currently have no rule needing to know
someone's real world identity. We base 'known contributor' on Launchpad
identity. I think that's OK. Upload rights are tied to known performance.

Scott K