-   -   True Xchat transparency (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-masters-universe/119785-true-xchat-transparency.html)

"Sebb Clarke" 07-05-2008 10:20 PM

True Xchat transparency

Hi Folks,

I was browsing on the web for this feature as having pseudo transparency looks a bit funny with gnome-terminal etc having true transparency. I saw this forum thread http://forum.xchat.org/viewtopic.php?t=3187 and wondered why this feature isnt in the default xchat ubuntu packages.

Other than that, thanks very much for all the hardwork you put in :)

Seb

Mario Limonciello 07-07-2008 02:25 PM

True Xchat transparency

Sebb Clarke wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I was browsing on the web for this feature as having pseudo
> transparency looks a bit funny with gnome-terminal etc having true
> transparency. I saw this forum thread
> http://forum.xchat.org/viewtopic.php?t=3187 and wondered why this
> feature isnt in the default xchat ubuntu packages.
>
> Other than that, thanks very much for all the hardwork you put in :)
>
> Seb
Hi Seb:

Mostly because no one has committed that patch to xchat mainline.
Adding it to the Ubuntu packages exclusively would be an extra delta
that had to always be carried and not a good idea. Once it's in
mainline we'll get it for free.

Regards

--
Mario Limonciello