Old 06-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Adam Senn

Default vpnc login problem when upgrading to Hardy Heron

Hello,

I just upgraded to Hardy Heron, and my existing vpnc conf file no longer
works. It now asks me for a passcode, after I have entered my initial
password:

user@user-desktop:/usr/share/vpnc$ sudo
vpnc /home/user/vpn/myConfig.conf
[sudo] password for user:
Enter password for user@[IPSec Gateway]:
Passcode for VPN user@[IPSec Gateway]:
vpnc: authentication unsuccessful

Here is my config file, that worked prior to the upgrade to Hardy:

IPSec gateway [gateway IP]
IPSec ID [group id]
IPSec obfuscated secret [hex code string]
Xauth username user
target networks [target network]

Can anyone tell me why this new version is prompting me for
"Passcode for VPN user@[IPSec Gateway]:" above, when it didn't in Gutsy
Gibbon? The current version shows as 0.5.1r275-1 (hardy).