Old 05-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Colin Ian King

Default SRU request for LP#193154

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/193154

SRU justification:

Impact: Seagate FreeAgent external drive still suffers from the
drive-dies-after-it-suspends bug in Gutsy.

Patch: (see attached) this small patch is backported from Hardy
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy.git;a=commit;h=f09e495df27d80ae77005ddb2e93d f18ec24d04a
which is verified to work on Hardy.

Testcase: Suspend and resume with external Seagate FreeAgent drive.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Tim Gardner

Colin Ian King wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/193154
>
> SRU justification:
>
> Impact: Seagate FreeAgent external drive still suffers from the
> drive-dies-after-it-suspends bug in Gutsy.
>
> Patch: (see attached) this small patch is backported from Hardy
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy.git;a=commit;h=f09e495df27d80ae77005ddb2e93d f18ec24d04a
> which is verified to work on Hardy.
>
> Testcase: Suspend and resume with external Seagate FreeAgent drive.

ACK - though the Patch comment doesn't make sense. I'm assuming this is
backported from upstream, not Hardy.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com