Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Default Kernel SRU Buglist

Hi All,

I figured since there is currently a focus on SRU's, especially for the
Hardy 8.04.1 point release, I'd put together an SRU candidate buglist
for you to refer to. It just lists some bugs I've come across which
might qualify for the 8.04.1 point release as well as some SRU
candidates for previous releases:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/kernel-sru.html

Note that once the status changes to a "Fix Released", "Invalid", or a
"Won't Fix" state, the bug will automatically be dropped from the
display.

Thanks,
Leann

Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Dan Munckton

Hi

> I figured since there is currently a focus on SRU's, especially for
> the
> Hardy 8.04.1 point release, I'd put together an SRU candidate buglist
> for you to refer to. It just lists some bugs I've come across which
> might qualify for the 8.04.1 point release as well as some SRU
> candidates for previous releases:

The PS3 port team are going to need some critical fixes included in the
kernel for 8.04.1. Could we get them scheduled on this list too?

Here are the two I'm working on at the moment:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ps3-port/+bug/220524 - I'm testing out
a patch for this from upstream at the moment. I will hopefully know by
tonight if the patch resolves the issue.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ps3-port/+bug/220370 - I've yet to
investigate this properly.

Cheers

Dan

Old 05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Ben Collins

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 12:33 +0100, Dan Munckton wrote:
> Hi
>
> > I figured since there is currently a focus on SRU's, especially for
> > the
> > Hardy 8.04.1 point release, I'd put together an SRU candidate buglist
> > for you to refer to. It just lists some bugs I've come across which
> > might qualify for the 8.04.1 point release as well as some SRU
> > candidates for previous releases:
>
> The PS3 port team are going to need some critical fixes included in the
> kernel for 8.04.1. Could we get them scheduled on this list too?
>
> Here are the two I'm working on at the moment:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ps3-port/+bug/220524 - I'm testing out
> a patch for this from upstream at the moment. I will hopefully know by
> tonight if the patch resolves the issue.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ps3-port/+bug/220370 - I've yet to
> investigate this properly.

Ideally, one or more people on the PS3 port team should get
kernel.ubuntu.com accounts so they can clone the git tree, push changes,
and request a pull of those changes. Less work for us, and more likely
that the changes will get included in a timely manner.

--
Ubuntu : http://www.ubuntu.com/
Linux1394: http://wiki.linux1394.org/

Old 05-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Dan Munckton

Hi Ben

> Ideally, one or more people on the PS3 port team should get
> kernel.ubuntu.com accounts so they can clone the git tree, push changes,
> and request a pull of those changes. Less work for us, and more likely
> that the changes will get included in a timely manner.

Ok, in that case I'd like to request an account be setup for me
initially. I'm already building/testing from a git clone of the hardy
kernel anyway.

Please let me know if that's ok and what info you'd need from me.

Cheers

Dan