FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Kernel Team

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Tim Gardner
 
Default SCHED_CGROUP in -rt

Alessio,

I'm hearing some grumbling from folks about the scheduler setting in the
-rt flavor, Bug #188226. It appears that SCHED_CGROUPS has improved (or
leveled) response for audio in the presence of heavy disk and network
activity for the -generic flavour. Do you think -rt could benefit by
changing the default scheduler setting? If so, please submit a patch
prior to the next SRU upload (coming real soon now).

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 05-08-2008, 01:23 PM
"Alessio Igor Bogani"
 
Default SCHED_CGROUP in -rt

Hi Tim,

Sorry for long delay.

2008/5/6 Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com>:
> Do you think -rt could benefit by
> changing the default scheduler setting?

Yes i think.

> If so, please submit a patch
> prior to the next SRU upload (coming real soon now).

Please pull:
The following changes since commit 72b74ac7b813b6386b4217354a9bdf2cad6e50c4:
Tim Gardner (1):
Merge branch 'master' of
zinc.canonical.com:/srv/kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy

are available in the git repository at:

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/abogani/ubuntu-hardy-rt.git master

Alessio Igor Bogani (1):
UBUNTU: rt: Updated configuration files

debian/binary-custom.d/rt/config.amd64 | 13 +++++++++----
debian/binary-custom.d/rt/config.i386 | 13 +++++++++----
2 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
Thanks!

Ciao,
Alessio

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Tim Gardner
 
Default SCHED_CGROUP in -rt

Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Sorry for long delay.
>
> 2008/5/6 Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com>:
>> Do you think -rt could benefit by
>> changing the default scheduler setting?
>
> Yes i think.
>
>> If so, please submit a patch
>> prior to the next SRU upload (coming real soon now).
>
> Please pull:
> The following changes since commit 72b74ac7b813b6386b4217354a9bdf2cad6e50c4:
> Tim Gardner (1):
> Merge branch 'master' of
> zinc.canonical.com:/srv/kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/abogani/ubuntu-hardy-rt.git master
>
> Alessio Igor Bogani (1):
> UBUNTU: rt: Updated configuration files
>
> debian/binary-custom.d/rt/config.amd64 | 13 +++++++++----
> debian/binary-custom.d/rt/config.i386 | 13 +++++++++----
> 2 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
> Thanks!
>
> Ciao,
> Alessio
>

pulled.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:52 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org