Old 05-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Default PPA of the upstream kernel

Hi Guys,

Just curious if you would find it helpful/useful to have a PPA of the
upstream kernel releases. From my point of view it might be helpful for
bug reporters if they want to test the upstream kernel. I believe you
guys had discussed something like this previously but I'm not sure what
the final decision was. Could we possibly add it to the list of
discussions for UDS?

Thanks,
Leann

Old 05-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Tim Gardner

Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just curious if you would find it helpful/useful to have a PPA of the
> upstream kernel releases. From my point of view it might be helpful for
> bug reporters if they want to test the upstream kernel. I believe you
> guys had discussed something like this previously but I'm not sure what
> the final decision was. Could we possibly add it to the list of
> discussions for UDS?
>
> Thanks,
> Leann

I'm kind of sneaking up on it. See

https://edge.launchpad.net/~kernel-ppa/+archive

I haven't enabled the daily build mechanism, but I'm close. I do upload
relatively often. You can expect a 2.6.26-rc1 based kernel real soon now.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com