Old 05-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Stefan Bader

Default SRU 2nd ack

Hi,

to exercise the SRU process. I would like the add the following patch
for 8.04.1. This would avoid a large amount of error messages (see
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/209971).

Stefan

Old 05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
"Michael Krufky"

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to exercise the SRU process. I would like the add the following patch
> for 8.04.1. This would avoid a large amount of error messages (see
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/209971).
>
> Stefan

Please be aware that the GPIO fix, above, is already queued for
2.6.24.6-stable, and the review period ends today -- this fix will be
merged into the vanilla 2.6.24.6-stable kernel today or tomorrow, the
latest.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=commitdiff;h=75d5d102be039d3e54fda2bb3 b8446d5334cbeec

"v4l-cx88-enable-radio-gpio-correctly.patch"

Please also be advised that the "fix" is merely a workaround -- the
actual bug is in Ubuntu's hald, which is writing GPIOs to this PCI
card.

How is hald doing this? WHY is hald doing this? We only see this issue
in Ubuntu -- nobody else has reported this issue using other distros.

Regards,

Mike Krufky

Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Tim Gardner

Michael Krufky wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> to exercise the SRU process. I would like the add the following patch
>> for 8.04.1. This would avoid a large amount of error messages (see
>> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/209971).
>>
>> Stefan
>

> Please be aware that the GPIO fix, above, is already queued for
> 2.6.24.6-stable, and the review period ends today -- this fix will be
> merged into the vanilla 2.6.24.6-stable kernel today or tomorrow, the
> latest.
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=commitdiff;h=75d5d102be039d3e54fda2bb3 b8446d5334cbeec
>
> "v4l-cx88-enable-radio-gpio-correctly.patch"
>
> Please also be advised that the "fix" is merely a workaround -- the
> actual bug is in Ubuntu's hald, which is writing GPIOs to this PCI
> card.
>
> How is hald doing this? WHY is hald doing this? We only see this issue
> in Ubuntu -- nobody else has reported this issue using other distros.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Krufky

Stefan - milestone this for 8.04.1 so that we remember to cherry-pick it
from stable 2.6.24.y when the patch appears.

rtg

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com