Old 04-26-2008, 08:10 PM
"Tyler Kahn"

Default iwl3945 driver incompatible with open algorithm MSCHAPV2 security

Kernel team:

Congratulations on another successful release!

Unfortunately, a major caveat has been discovered and is affecting a lot of potential 8.04 Ubuntu users:

The iwl3945 and iwl4945 drivers do not allow for connection with open algorithm MSCHAPV2 wireless security. A bug report has been filed: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/220640

I apologize for the unconventional nature of this report though this seems to be an extremely esoteric problem. Multiple attempts have been made to compile ipw3945 for the 2.6.24-16 kernel, though all attempts have failed. My boarding school unfortunately uses an open algorithm MSCHAPV2 authentication system and it would be wonderful to have the chance to bring Ubuntu to my fellow classmates.

Thanks Ubuntu Kernel team!

Sources:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4747104#post4747104

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=722119&highlight=iwl3945+hardy