-   -   ALSA: hda - do not detect jack on internal speakers for Realtek (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/711607-alsa-hda-do-not-detect-jack-internal-speakers-realtek.html)

David Henningsson 10-11-2012 08:25 PM

ALSA: hda - do not detect jack on internal speakers for Realtek

A "pre-stable" [1] patch that we probably want to pick up ASAP:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commit;h=f7f4b2322bf7b8c5929b7eb5a6670 91f32592580

BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1064621

Except the two people affected by the bug above, I believe this is also
what Colin Ian King is seeing on his machine. Essentially, the machine's
internal speaker works on boot, but either silence for a while or an S3
cycle can cause it to stop functioning.

I figured that it'll be easier for you to just cherry-pick it from
Takashi, especially as I seem to always end up doing something wrong
when I try.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic

[1] if there are any more stable releases for 3.5