FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Kernel Team

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Tim Gardner
 
Default APPLIED: Follow-up Precise and Lucid

Herton - I've pushed but not uploaded. Dunno if you want to upload
directly to the archive or to the c-k-t PPA.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski
 
Default APPLIED: Follow-up Precise and Lucid

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:32:19AM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Herton - I've pushed but not uploaded. Dunno if you want to upload
> directly to the archive or to the c-k-t PPA.

I think we can skip this upload, and upload with the abi bump that will
be needed when we do the new kernels next week. Also the changelog needs
fixing (has UNRELEASED instead of precise-proposed), so it would need a
repush/retag for uploading the current one.

So I would say the best is to avoid uploading now and just adding a new
entry/version with abi bump, fixing the UNRELEASED, and uploading next
week the new version.

>
> --
> Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com
>

--
[]'s
Herton

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 10-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Tim Gardner
 
Default APPLIED: Follow-up Precise and Lucid

On 10/11/2012 11:52 AM, Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski wrote:
>
> So I would say the best is to avoid uploading now and just adding a new
> entry/version with abi bump, fixing the UNRELEASED, and uploading next
> week the new version.
>

That works for me.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Stefan Bader
 
Default APPLIED: Follow-up Precise and Lucid

On 11.10.2012 19:52, Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:32:19AM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
>> Herton - I've pushed but not uploaded. Dunno if you want to upload
>> directly to the archive or to the c-k-t PPA.
>
> I think we can skip this upload, and upload with the abi bump that will
> be needed when we do the new kernels next week. Also the changelog needs
> fixing (has UNRELEASED instead of precise-proposed), so it would need a
> repush/retag for uploading the current one.
>
> So I would say the best is to avoid uploading now and just adding a new
> entry/version with abi bump, fixing the UNRELEASED, and uploading next
> week the new version.

Actually the UNRELEASED was deliberate (as well as not having a tag. To allow
you to add other (like the ABI bump) updates and set the release when you really
finish things up for a release.

-Stefan
>
>>
>> --
>> Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com
>>
>


--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org