-   -   APPLIED: Follow-up Precise and Lucid (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/711548-applied-follow-up-precise-lucid.html)

Tim Gardner 10-11-2012 05:32 PM

APPLIED: Follow-up Precise and Lucid

Herton - I've pushed but not uploaded. Dunno if you want to upload
directly to the archive or to the c-k-t PPA.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski 10-11-2012 05:52 PM

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:32:19AM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Herton - I've pushed but not uploaded. Dunno if you want to upload
> directly to the archive or to the c-k-t PPA.

I think we can skip this upload, and upload with the abi bump that will
be needed when we do the new kernels next week. Also the changelog needs
fixing (has UNRELEASED instead of precise-proposed), so it would need a
repush/retag for uploading the current one.

So I would say the best is to avoid uploading now and just adding a new
entry/version with abi bump, fixing the UNRELEASED, and uploading next
week the new version.

> --
> Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

--
[]'s
Herton

Tim Gardner 10-11-2012 06:12 PM

On 10/11/2012 11:52 AM, Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski wrote:

> So I would say the best is to avoid uploading now and just adding a new
> entry/version with abi bump, fixing the UNRELEASED, and uploading next
> week the new version.

That works for me.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Stefan Bader 10-12-2012 07:19 AM

On 11.10.2012 19:52, Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:32:19AM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
>> Herton - I've pushed but not uploaded. Dunno if you want to upload
>> directly to the archive or to the c-k-t PPA.
>
> I think we can skip this upload, and upload with the abi bump that will
> be needed when we do the new kernels next week. Also the changelog needs
> fixing (has UNRELEASED instead of precise-proposed), so it would need a
> repush/retag for uploading the current one.
>
> So I would say the best is to avoid uploading now and just adding a new
> entry/version with abi bump, fixing the UNRELEASED, and uploading next
> week the new version.

Actually the UNRELEASED was deliberate (as well as not having a tag. To allow
you to add other (like the ABI bump) updates and set the release when you really
finish things up for a release. :)

-Stefan