Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Stefan Bader

Default Prevent linux-crashdump from replacing grub-efi

BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1064259

When playing with linux-crashdump on an EFI installed system I realized
that grub-efi was thrown away and replaced by grub-pc which did not
seem to good.

Apparently we do not consider grub-efi as an alternative in the
depends. With this added (I took the version of grub-efi in Lucid)
at least grub-efi remains installed and a normal boot still works.

Only the actual crash-dump seems to explode on this system with
backtraces showing a log of xhci... /me bangs head.

Still it sounds like we probably want to add this to meta packages
for P and L at least.. and Q of course...

-Stefan