Old 09-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Seth Forshee

Default Fixes for eDP panel on Macbook Pro Retina

BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1058088

These are cherry-picks from 3.6-rc to fix nouveau's support for the eDP
panel in this machine. I'm not sure how well they've been tested for
regressions on other machines since they've only been upstream since
3.6-rc6, but without them the Macbook boots to a blank screen.

Thanks,
Seth

Ben Skeggs (2):
drm/nvd0/disp: hopefully fix selection of 6/8bpc mode on DP outputs
drm/nv50-/gpio: initialise to vbios defaults during init

drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nv50_gpio.c | 3 +++
drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nvd0_display.c | 4 ++--

Old 09-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Seth Forshee

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 08:14:58AM -0500, Seth Forshee wrote:
> BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1058088
>
> These are cherry-picks from 3.6-rc to fix nouveau's support for the eDP
> panel in this machine. I'm not sure how well they've been tested for
> regressions on other machines since they've only been upstream since
> 3.6-rc6, but without them the Macbook boots to a blank screen.

Actually, that's incorrect. The screen becomes severely corrupted when
modesetting kicks in. The blank screen was a different bug.