Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 PM
David Henningsson

Default NAK: ALSA: hda - Add PCI and Codec IDs for Haswell HDMI Audio

On 09/27/2012 03:13 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:

Don't combine the patches.

Why not?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic

Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Brad Figg

On 09/27/2012 06:37 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
> On 09/27/2012 03:13 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:
>> Don't combine the patches.
>
> Why not?

We want a 1-to-1 correspondence between the original, upstream commit
and the backported commit. This allows anyone looking at the backport
to easily see where it originated from.

These are the rules we require of anyone requesting patches to the
Ubuntu kernel sources. Our rules are almost exactly the same as upstream.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@canonical.com http://www.canonical.com