-   -   Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-09-25 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/707286-minutes-ubuntu-kernel-team-meeting-2012-09-25-a.html)

Joseph Salisbury 09-25-2012 05:25 PM

Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-09-25

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/09/25/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]

[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 25 Sep, 2012|20120925
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status ===
Q/omap4: a new Q/omap4 3.5 kernel is out (3.5.0-211.18) and it contains:
* fixes for /dev/rtc
* an updated kernel rebased on Ubuntu-3.5.0-15.22
/dev/rtc was the last item on my todo list: we are feature complete and
work is concentrating on squashing bugs and closing tickets from now on.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 3 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 2 work items ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-2 work items.

We have uploaded the 3.5.0-15.23 Quantal kernel. This upload most
notably reverts some problematic i915 backlight patches. This is the
kernel which we intend to ship with Beta-2. This has also been uploaded
to the q-lts-backport [1] PPA to help facilitate testing of the 12.10
kernel in 12.04. We welcome anyone to please install, test, and let us
know your feedback.
[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Sept 27 - Beta 2 (~2 days)
* Thurs Oct 4 - Kernel Freeze (~1 week)
* Thurs Oct 9 - Final Freeze (~2 weeks)
* Thurs Oct 18 - 12.10 Final (~3 weeks)

== 2012-09-25 (weekly) ==
Currently we have 42 CVEs on our radar, with 1 CVE retired this week.

See the CVE matrix for the current list:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy ===

Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (September 25):
* Hardy - In Preparation; 1 CVEs; (1 commits)
* Lucid - In Preparation; 3 CVEs; (12 commits)
* Oneiric - In Preparation; 2 CVEs; 1 upstream stable release(s); (54
commits)
* Precise - In Preparation; 1 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s);
(234 commits)

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
No open discussion.