Old 09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Stefan Bader

Default Avoid using the QEMU DRM (cirrus) driver

As stated below, there is currently a race with that driver which
is not easy to remove. Also when using the drm driver + the modeset
X driver, I had quite a bad time when trying to change resolution
of the desktop. And it gives a different experience when running
Xen and KVM (while both seem to have a cirrus VGA).

For completeness I must say that at least on my desktop which
does suffer from cpu exhaustion, I have still seen X crashes
that look similar to the one that previously happened on startup
(bug 1056080).

Instead of not compiling the module (which will also need a
module.ignore or an abi bump), it could be blacklisted. But
I am not sure this can be done from the kernel package.

Speed can often suck in both cases, but what would be other peoples
thoughts?

-Stefan