Old 09-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski

Default sfc: Fix maximum number of TSO segments and minimum TX queue size

Ack, with this we can avoid (revert) the previous backported patches.

Also I think the previous backport series introduced this regression:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1052861

But Luis is still investigating to be sure, and bisecting (also will
provide a test kernel later depending on how things turns out).

--
[]'s
Herton

Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Tim Gardner

On 09/21/2012 10:37 AM, Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski wrote:
> Ack, with this we can avoid (revert) the previous backported patches.
>
> Also I think the previous backport series introduced this regression:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1052861
>
> But Luis is still investigating to be sure, and bisecting (also will
> provide a test kernel later depending on how things turns out).

I completely missed that we'd already applied the backports for this
release. As Ben H pointed out in another thread, those patches to core
network code are too intrusive for a stable update. This pull request
reverts the previous 5 patches and simply applies the TSO segment limit
patch as back ported by Ben.

The following changes since commit cb72b3759fe5621613954eb5228dfaedb3c2a555:

xen: Allow PV-OPS kernel to detect whether XSAVE is supported
(2012-09-21 10:30:13 -0600)

are available in the git repository at:

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git CVE-2012-3412

for you to fetch changes up to 4e5cfdea97e2450d988b301ff40332f2dedb4a76:

sfc: Fix maximum number of TSO segments and minimum TX queue size
(2012-09-21 10:42:59 -0600)

Ben Hutchings (1):
sfc: Fix maximum number of TSO segments and minimum TX queue size

Tim Gardner (5):
Revert "sfc: Fix maximum number of TSO segments and minimum TX
queue size"
Revert "sfc: Replace some literal constants with
EFX_PAGE_SIZE/EFX_BUF_SIZE"
Revert "tcp: Apply device TSO segment limit earlier"
Revert "tcp: do not scale TSO segment size with reordering degree"
Revert "net: Allow driver to limit number of GSO segments per skb"

drivers/net/sfc/efx.c | 8 --------
drivers/net/sfc/efx.h | 22 +++++-----------------
drivers/net/sfc/nic.c | 5 ++++-
drivers/net/sfc/nic.h | 5 -----