Old 09-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Default Kernel Meta Package Documentation and Diagrams

Hi All,

One of our work items for the Quantal development cycle was to:

"Add documentation to describe linux-<flavor> meta package.
Also, review all flavors to make sure they are consistent with
linux-<flavor> dependencies etc." [1].

I've created documentation to describe the Quantal
linux-<flavor> meta packages and their relevant package
mappings [2].* Package flow diagrams were also generated and
included to visually represent the meta package mappings.* Lastly, I
updated the Kernel/Dev/Flavours wiki [3] to include the Quantal
kernel flavor information.* Feel free to review and edit should any
errors or discrepancies be spotted.

Thanks,

Leann

[1]

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardware-q-kernel-misc

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/Meta-Pkgs

[3]

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/Flavours

Old 09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Tim Gardner

[...]

This new page does not appear to be referenced from anywhere in the
topics discussed in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel . How would one find
this page ? (Cause we all know how easy it is to search the wiki).

The diagrams look great.

rtg

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Leann Ogasawara

On 09/21/2012 05:23 AM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> On 09/20/2012 01:04 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> One of our work items for the Quantal development cycle was to:
>>
>> "Add documentation to describe linux-<flavor> meta package. Also, review
>> all flavors to make sure they are consistent with linux-<flavor>
>> dependencies etc." [1].
>>
>> I've created documentation to describe the Quantal linux-<flavor> meta
>> packages and their relevant package mappings [2]. Package flow diagrams
>> were also generated and included to visually represent the meta package
>> mappings. Lastly, I updated the Kernel/Dev/Flavours wiki [3] to include
>> the Quantal kernel flavor information. Feel free to review and edit
>> should any errors or discrepancies be spotted.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Leann
>>
>> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardware-q-kernel-misc
>> [2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/Meta-Pkgs
>> [3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/Flavours
>>

> This new page does not appear to be referenced from anywhere in the
> topics discussed in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel . How would one
> find this page ? (Cause we all know how easy it is to search the wiki).

Good point. I've added references to the Meta-Pkgs page from the
following topic pages:

Kernel/FAQ
Kernel/Dev

Thanks,