Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-09-18

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/09/18/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]

[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 18 Sep, 2012|20120918
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status ===
Q/omap4: a new Q/omap4 3.5 kernel is out (3.5.0-210.16) and it contains:
* fixes for the video/unity flicker bug
* an updated kernel based on Ubuntu-3.5.0-14.16
Working on restoring rtc/mfd_palmas functionalities at the moment.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 3 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 3 work items ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 4 work items ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-2 work items.

We have uploaded the 3.5.0-15.20 Quantal kernel. This upload most
notably contains an update to the v3.5.4 upstream stable kernel,
eCryptfs bug fixes, and haswell graphics support patches. This has also
been uploaded to the q-lts-backport [1] PPA to help facilitate testing
of the 12.10 kernel in 12.04. We welcome anyone to please install,
test, and let us know your feedback.
[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Sept 20 - Beta 2 Freeze (~2 days)
* Thurs Sept 27 - Beta 2 (~1 week)
* Thurs Oct 4 - Kernel Freeze (~2 weeks)

== 2012-09-18 (weekly) ==
Currently we have 76 CVEs on our radar, with 1 CVE added this week.
See the CVE matrix for the current list:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy ===

Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (September 18):
* Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
* Lucid - In -updates; 3 CVEs; (9 commits)
* Natty - In -updates; 4 CVEs; (9 commits)
* Oneiric - In -updates; 2 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s); (67
commits)
* Precise - In Testing; 2 CVEs; 1 upstream stable release(s); (66
commits)

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock
NOTE: this is the *last* Natty kernel being built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
The Quantal will stay on v3.5 and not be rebased to v3.6.