Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-09-11

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/09/12/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]

[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 12 Sep, 2012|20120912
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status ===
No update this week.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-quantal/canonical-kernel-distro-team-ubuntu-12.10-beta-2.html
|| apw || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 3 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 3 work items ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| || desktop-q-clean-old-kernels || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 4 work items ||
|| tgardner || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-2 work items.

We have uploaded the 3.5.0-14.16 Quantal kernel. This upload contains
updates for the mei driver, resolves misc touchpad regressions, and
includes misc bug fixes for the apple-gmux driver. This will also be
uploaded to the q-lts-backport [1] PPA to help facilitate testing of the
12.10 kernel in 12.04. We welcome anyone to please install, test, and
let us know your feedback.
[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Sept 20 - Beta 2 Freeze (~1 week)
* Thurs Sept 27 - Beta 2 (~2 weeks)

== 2012-09-11 (weekly) ==
Currently we have 75 CVEs on our radar, with two CVEs added and two
CVEs retired this week.

See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy ===

Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (September 11):
* Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
* Lucid - In Testing; 3 CVEs; (9 commits)
* Natty - In Testing; 4 CVEs; (9 commits)
* Oneiric - In Testing; 2 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s); (67
commits)
* Precise - In Verification; 2 CVEs; 1 upstream stable release(s);
(66 commits)

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock
NOTE: this is the *last* Natty kernel being built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
No open discussions.