Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Seth Forshee

Default : add media support

On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 02:37:13PM +0200, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> This patch is based on top of 0003-default-configs.patch from
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.6-rc4-quantal/ .
>
> For kernel 3.6-rc1 media support was deactivated for the ubuntu
> mainline kernels. This patch activates the following options and
> selects then the old values used in kernel 3.5 or the default values
> for new options.
>
> CONFIG_MEDIA_ANALOG_TV_SUPPORT
> CONFIG_MEDIA_CAMERA_SUPPORT
> CONFIG_MEDIA_DIGITAL_TV_SUPPORT
> CONFIG_MEDIA_RADIO_SUPPORT
> CONFIG_MEDIA_RC_SUPPORT

The mainline builds are done automatically by a script, not maintained
in version control, so there isn't really anywhere to apply this patch
to.

The script takes the configs for our current development kernel and
essentially runs 'yes "" | make oldconfig' to set new options to the
default values. Doing this manually I see the defaults for all the
options above as being N (the Kconfig doesn't specify any default
values).

I'll follow up with patches for kteam-tools which should get your
options (both for media and for comedi) enabled in the mainline builds.

Seth