Old 08-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-08-28

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/08/28/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]

[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 28 Aug, 2012|20120828
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status ===
No new update this week.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 3 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 3 work items ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| || desktop-q-clean-old-kernels || 1 work item ||
|| cking || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 4 work items ||
|| tgardner || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-1 work items.

We've recently uploaded the 3.5.0-13.13 Quantal kernel to the release
pocket. This upload most notably provides a rebase to the v3.5.3
upstream stable release. This was also uploaded to the q-lts-backport
[1] PPA to help facilitate testing of the 12.10 kernel in 12.04. We
welcome anyone to please install, test, and let us know your feedback.
[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
Note that we are 2 days away from Beta-1 Freeze and ~1 week away from
Beta-1 intself. I do not foresee any further uploads before Thursday,
ie. Beta-1 Freeze. If there are any critical fixes which need to land,
we need to know now. Any uploades after Beta-1 Freeze will require
approval from the release team.
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Aug 30 - Beta 1 Freeze (2 days)
* Thurs Sept 6 - Beta 1 (~1 week)

== 2012-08-28 (weekly) ==
Currently we have 88 CVEs on our radar, with two CVEs added and two
CVEs retired this week.

See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy ===

Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (August 28):
* Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
* Lucid - In Testing; 3 CVEs; (6 commits)
* Natty - Ready for -updates; 1 CVEs; (4 commits)
* Oneiric - In Testing; 1 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s); (98
commits)
* Precise - In Testing; 0 CVEs; 3 upstream stable release(s); (167
commits)

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock

NOTE: next week is the week the last Natty kernel will be built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
No open discussion.