Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-08-21

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/08/21/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]

[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 21 Aug, 2012|20120821
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status ===
Q/omap4: a new Q/omap4 3.5 kernel was uploaded yesterday
(3.5.0-208.14) and
new one that includes all the patches that went into tilt-3.4[1] after i

started my porting is being worked on.
Hopefully this new one (3.5.0-209.15 [2]) will be the last one before
beta1,

and it should fix the hangs rsalveti experiences with pvr-omap4.
Source code is available here:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ppisati/ubuntu-quantal.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti-omap4
[1]:
http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/andygreen/kernel-tilt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tilt-3.4,
linux-release-2012-07..HEAD
[2]:
http://people.canonical.com/~ppisati/linux-image-3.5.0-209-omap4_3.5.0-209.15_armhf.deb

rsalveti: ^

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 3 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 4 work items ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| || desktop-q-clean-old-kernels || 1 work item ||
|| cking || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 4 work items ||
|| tgardner || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-1 work items.

We've recently uploaded the 3.5.0-11.11 Quantal kernel to the release
pocket. This upload most notably provides a rebase to the v3.5.2
upstream stable release. This was also uploaded to the q-lts-backport
[1] PPA to help facilitate testing of the 12.10 kernel in 12.04. We
welcome anyone to please install, test, and let us know your feedback.
[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
Note that we are ~1 week away from Beta 1 Freeze. I intend to upload or
Beta-1 kernel no later than next Tues, Aug 28. If there are any patches
which need to land, send them to the Ubuntu kernel team mailing list
asap.
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Aug 30 - Beta 1 Freeze (~1 week)
* Thurs Sept 6 - Beta 1 (~2 weeks)

== 2012-08-21 (weekly) ==
Currently we have 96 CVEs on our radar, with 2 CVE retired this week.
See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy ===

Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (August 21):
* Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
* Lucid - In Testing; 3 CVEs; (6 commits)
* Natty - In Testing; 1 CVEs; (4 commits)
* Oneiric - In Verification; 1 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s);
(98 commits)
* Precise - In Verification; 0 CVEs; 3 upstream stable release(s);
(166 commits)

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock

The week of Sept. 6 is the week the last Natty kernel will be built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
No discussions.