Old 08-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski

Default UBUNTU: config: compile the rtc-pl031 driver as static on the highbank kernel flavour

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 08:24:51PM -0400, Chris Van Hoof wrote:
> From: Dann Frazier <dann.frazier@canonical.com>
>
> Changes since v1:
> - Updated changelog entry with specifics on failure case
> - Ensured patch formatted against current precise master-next
>
> The rtc-pl031 driver is used for the RTC on the highbank
> platform. Presently it is built as a module in Precise and
> Quantal, making the driver unavailable in early boot, yielding
> the following error on both releases:
>
> ./drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)
>
> This behaviour prevents the ability to accurately check the
> last-mounted time on the root filesystem.

Ack, looking at configs, the main/platform RTC driver is builtin on
supported platforms. Perhaps we should have something on the enforcer
(rtc-cmos enforced on x86, this on highbank, RTC_DRV_TWL4030 on
armel/omap?)

Also, as already noted, because of the config shuffle modules.ignore
or ignore.modules is needed to be added.

--
[]'s
Herton