Old 08-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Seth Forshee

Default Fix applesmc for new Macbooks

These patches are clean cherry picks from upstream that fix I/O problems
in the applesmc driver. The first patch fixes the actual problem, and
the second fixes increased I/O failure on older machines as a result of
the first patch.

When I submitted the first patch for inclusion in the stable kernels
Henrik responded that the second patch needed to go along with it, but
he thinks both patches should bake a while longer before adding them to
stable. Based on this feedback I propose that we pick these up in
quantal now and consider them for our stable kernels later on.

Thanks,
Seth

Henrik Rydberg (2):
hwmon: (applesmc) Shorten minimum wait time
hwmon: (applesmc) Decode and act on read/write status codes

Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Applied to Quantal master-next.

Thanks,